Monday, August 30, 2010

Assignment 1

Danny Carver
Advanced Graphic Design
Larry Clarkson

WHAT IS A GRAPHIC DESIGNER?

A Graphic Designer is responsible for organizing visual elements. Like shape, color, lightness and darkness, and patterns, by doing this, the Graphic Designer gives the thing an identity that others can relate to on an emotional level.

To be successful a Graphic Designer must, above all, pay attention to his surroundings. Notice the little things, and the big things. Know how to simplify. Know how to think. Know how to organize. A successful Graphic Designer will take responsibility for what he or she creates. Everything is precisely calculated…unless, it is meant not to be.

In the next ten years I am sure that a lot of graphic design will be designing things digitally. I assume we will still have some things that aren’t digital because there will still be products sold and they will need some sort of packaging. But it would probably be a great idea to get used to the fact that most of our design will be digital.

As a student I need to be prepared by taking the time I need to do the job right. Because I am still learning, great designs take longer to create. I just need to make sure I have enough time, and use my time wisely to get the best possible design done. If you have time, you can do anything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment